JIAAW Workplace | Archaeological Projects | Collaborative Workshops | Student Forums | Galleries | Video Archive
Welcome to the course forum for the Artemis A.W. and Martha Sharp Joukowsky Institute for Archaeology and the Ancient World at Brown University.
We seek to explore innovative pedagogies by enabling project-based learning in dynamic digital environments. These forums (or fora, if you prefer) are designed to enhance both collaborative and co-creative learning in a number of Institute classes.
Here you will find a list of the current and upcoming courses.
For additional information on courses, please visit our website at www.brown.edu/go/archaeology or visit Brown University's online course listings and select "Archaeology" under the Subject dropdown menu.
- ARCH 0030 Art in Antiquity: An Introduction
- ANTH 0500 Past Forward: Discovering Anthropological Archaeology
- CLAS 0210 O Sport in the Ancient Greek World
- ARCH 0370 Before the Islamic State: The Archaeologies of Ancient Mesopotamia
- ARCH 0520 Roman Archaeology and Art
- ARCH 0530 Hannibal ad Portas! Fact and Fiction on Carthage and the Punic World
- ARCH 1150 Cities and Urban Space in the Ancient World
- HIAA 1440B The Medieval Monastery
- ARCH 1635 The Great Heresy: Egypt in the Amarna Age
- ARCH 1666 Archaeologies Out of the Mainstream: From Ancient Aliens to Modern Nationalism
- ARCH 1764 Under the Microscope: 250 Years of Brown's Material Past
- ARCH 1792 The Archaeology of Slavery
- ARCH 1835 Inventing the Past: Amulets, Heirlooms, Monuments, Landscapes
- ARCH 2020E Economy and Trade in the Later Bronze Age Aegean and East Mediterranean
- ARCH 2157 Subaltern Communities: Archaeological Perspectives Beyond Domination and Resistance
- ARCH 2335 In the Wake of Empire: Anatolia after the Hittites, before Alexander
- ANTH 2560 Lived Bodies, Dead Bodies: The Archaeology of Human Remains
- EGYT 2850 Images, Ideology, and Egyptian Warfare